The Greenways Foundation is a charitable trust working to promote the growth, enhancement and use of Indiana greenways. To accomplish that, we solicit donations and make grants in support of greenway development, enhancement and operation. The Board of Directors meets monthly and has a total of nine Directors located statewide in Indiana. An Advisory Board is coming soon.
Our primary activities include:
- Assisting in forming effective local trails organizations
- Building initial community support for trails
- Providing startup grants to help local trails organizations build capacity and local support
- Acting as a source of trails information and consultation to local Indiana governments
- Promoting best practices in the planning, marketing, design, development, and management of linear parks